The Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sports of the Republic of Armenia and the National Cinema Center of Armenia in the 2023-2024 academic year jointly announce the Pan-Armenian School Competition of Short films dedicated to the 100th anniversary of Sergei Parajanov and the 120th anniversary of Aram Khachaturian.
The competition is held among the educational institutions in Armenia and abroad (hereinafter referred to as the educational institutions).
The purpose of the competition is to promote the expansion of students: knowledge about Aram Khachaturian and Sergei Parajanov, unity around national education in the diaspora, and the development of creative spirit.
Students are expected to be
- form creative student groups led by the teacher(s). Groups can be age mixed and include students from different grades starting from junior school age, or be made up of students of the same age/grade. In the latter case, students aged 12 and older are included in the creative group.
- Implement A. Khachatryan or/and S. Adequate preliminary research, educational, creative and other work with children dedicated to Parajanov (for example, studying the biography, recognizing and interpreting the works, etc.), writing a film script and shooting it. Depending on the research work done, the film can be in any category (documentary, feature and animation).
- Create committees that will evaluate and make a preliminary selection if more than one creative group is formed in the school, since only one film will be accepted from each applied school.
- The language of the film should be Armenian.
ATTENTION: The film submitted to the competition must be made specifically for this competition, as a participant in the creative group, the age and grades of the students mentioned must correspond to their age and grades in the current school year. There are no restrictions on the dates of publication of the film on electronic platforms, if there is an indication of the purpose of filming.
The winners of the contest will be awarded with diplomas and gifts. All participating educational institutions will receive certificates of participation.
The order of the competition and the requirements for the presentation of films
The competition is held in one stage.
Participating educational institutions upload their film to any file transfer system (Google Disk, etc.) or to an electronic platform by January 15 and send a link firstname.lastname@example.org the e-mail (in Armenian) must be sent to the e-mail address of the official or senior teacher of the educational institution.
The title of the letter should contain the entry «ՀԱՄԱՀԱՅԿԱԿԱՆ ԴՊՐՈՑԱԿԱՆ ՄՐՑՈՒՅԹ», and in the content of the letter -the full name of the center of education, the name, surname and phone number of the supervising teacher, as well as the title of the submitted film.
The film can be shot on any technical device, duration 3-10 minutes.
In the information part of the film (credits) should be indicated.
- Name of the film,
- Film duration,
- Film nomination,
- country, city, name of the educational institution,
- teacher’s name, surname,
- data of the creative group (students): first names, last names, age/class.
|Deadline for submission of films
|15 January, 2024
|Evaluation and announcement of winners
|4 March, 2024
National Cinema Center of Armenia
tel.: +374 10 52-20-32
The Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sports of the Republic of Armenia
tel.: +374 10 599-647
Facebook: «ՀՀ կրթության, գիտության, մշակույթի և սպորտի նախարարություն»